Class 9 Social Studies Note
SOCIAL PROBLEMS AND THEIR SOLUTIONS
Identification of social problems and perversion:
A social problem is a condition that at least some people in a community view as being undesirable. Everyone would agree about some social problems, such as murders and DWI traffic deaths. Other social problems may be viewed as such by certain groups of people. It is essential to find the causes of the social problem before striving to solve it. The social problems prevailing in Nepal can be studied categorizing the in to the following headings.
1. Caste related problem
2. Linguistic problem
3. Gender inequality
4. Class related problem
5. Religious problem
6. Customary, traditional and cultural problems
7. Other problems like Girls' trafficking, Dowry system, Chhaupadi system, Corruption, etc.
Solution of social problems:
1. Mass meeting and publicity awareness programmes should be organized.
2. The public people should be made literate and they should be able to control such problem in their area.
3. The culprits should be punished very severely or hanged until death so other traders have a good lesson to leave this dirty work.
4. The people should be very aware and if people with vary unfamiliar nature appears in the village then should be very much active and vigilant about the activity of the strange person.
5. Self defense course for the girls can be very helpful.
Role of local organizations in social reforms
Local organizations play an important role in social reform. We can see that governmental and non-governmental organizations are involved in the activities of social reform. There are various organizations of local level such as youth club, people's awareness club, mother's group, women's group, etc. The local bodies like village development committee, municipality, ward committee, etc. have also been established for social reform. They carry out different programs to solve the social problems and bring a new change in a society. Such local organizations have done exemplary work although some have been passive. It is our duty to wake such passive organizations up and give them pressure to work. We have to co-operate with them in their progammes.