Class 9 Health, Population and Environment Note
Family Life Education
1. Family transmits culture, caste and the blood relation.
2. Family is a group of individuals who are sharing the same roof and related by blood, marriage and adoption. They interact as their designated roles for collective developments.
3. Family is a group of individuals who are sharing the same roof and related by blood, marriage and adoption. The family comprises parents, sons and daughters, daughter in law, grandsons, and granddaughters living under one roof and dining in one kitchen.
4. The size of the family means the number of members in the family. The size of the family is mainly determined by the type of family and the number of children along with the parents.
5. Small family is the basic of happiness because in this type of family few disputes rises and there is better care in the family.
6. Nuclear family is the smallest and most elementary type of family organization.
7. The basic needs are those needs which are directly associated with human survival. In the absence of basic needs, human existence is not possible. Some of the basic needs are: Food, Housing, Clothing, Sex, Health, Education and Security. The first need of the family is food.
8. The fulfillment of basis needs is the base of fulfillment of additional needs. Always priority is first swift towards basic needs and then only additional needs are fulfilled.
9. Family life education can be defined as the educational process which teaches about different aspects and modes in families affecting and determining personal as well as family matters concerned to its members.
10. Responsible parenthood is webbed with the series of parental roles, duties and activities that help to make the family members healthy, socially integrated and productive.
11. Ageing stars above the age of 40.
12. The age over 60 is called Late Adulthood.
13. Geriatrics is the care provided to old people.
14. Ageing is the process of changing in physique appearance with the speed of time or being old with mentally and physically weak.
15. Ageing is the process of changing in physique appearance with the speed of time or being old with mentally and physically weak. Ageing stars above the age of 40.
16. According to the data, the average life expectancy of Nepalese people in 1961 was 31 years. And the average life expectancy in the year 2001 is 60.8 which show the tremendous growth over the past 40 years. Average life expectancy is the
17. Marriage involves a social sanction generally in the form of the civil or religious ceremony, authorizing two persons of opposite sexes to engage in sexual and other consequent and correlated social economic relations with one another, marriage is a prominent phenomenon of our life.