Class 9 Health, Population and Environment Note
Concepts of Health, Population and Environment Education
1. Health can be defines as the state of being free from illness or injury. WHO has defined health as, “A state of complete physical, mental and social well being not merely an absence of disease or infirmity.”
2. Health education is the process of that informs motivation and helps people to adopt and maintain healthy practices and life style, advocates environmental changes as need to facilitate the goals and conducts professional training and research to the same end.
3. Characteristics of healthy person are: Joyfulness, Sound sleep, Self control, Self actualization.
4. Professor Solar Wayland defined population education for the first time.
5. Population is the total number of people living in certain area in the given point of time.
6. Population education is an educational program that makes a family, society, nation and the world to realize population status which helps to develop a sense or rational and responsible attitude and behavior towards it.
7. Environmental education is a process of recognizing values and clarifying concepts in order to develop skill and attitudes necessary to understand and appreciate the inter relationship of a man his culture and his biophysical surroundings.
8. Demography is the study of population. Demography deals with the study of human population and about is size, structure, distribution and change. Birth, death and migration are three components of demography. Fertility, mortality and migration are these processes of demography. Demographic change is a biological process.
9. A group of families and ethnic groups form the community. Community wide health education is frequently called community health education.